Sending a follow up email to your new contacts make you stand out of many people. It sounds so simple just to send an email after a meeting, networking event or interview, however, most people don’t do that!
Networking isn’t only the passing business cards it’s about the relationship between people. And the follow up message is probably the easiest way to establish it. Many great connections which I have come after sending follow up emails.
Some tips to help you:
- Write a follow up email within 24-48 hours after meeting. People still remember you and what you were talking about.
- In the email remind the place or situation how you met
- Mention a topic of discussion. It shows your interest and that you listened to the person
- Ask about next meeting
- Don’t write long sales letter with your follow up message
What if you try to reach someone via email, let’s say
- You want to reach a company who you want to partner with
- You write to your potential employee about the job you want to get
- Or you already had an interview, and they don’t respond you
How many time should you write an email then?
The great answer I’ve heard from Steli Efti:
Never stop until you get a respond Yes or No
When people do not respond you don’t take it as rejection, keep reaching them.
Steli also gives more interesting ideas about how creative you can be in your follow ups, like send person who doesn’t respond you a picture:
You can check his other ideas on his company site
Here are examples of follow up emails for different situations:
Thank you emails for a networking contact
Follow up email after job interview
- 4 Killer Follow Up Emails When You’ve Heard Nothing After the Interview
- How to Write a Follow Up Email for a Job Application
- How To Follow Up After a Job Interview
- How to Follow Up on a Job Interview (Without Being Annoying)
Follow up email templates for LinkedIn invitations
- Follow-Up Email Template For Accepting LinkedIn Invitations
- How to Craft a Powerful Follow up Message on LinkedIn
Latest posts by Marina Barayeva (see all)
- 8 Hottest Social Media Marketing Trends in 2017 [Infographic] - March 27, 2017
- Instagram for Business: The Detailed Guide to Instagram Marketing - March 20, 2017
- Instagram Business Account: An Essential Guide To Optimize Your Profile - December 19, 2016